Sponsorship rates – So you want to be a journalist
City University, April 25
Main sponsor (on application)
Individual sessions (as below) £200
- Working for consumer magazines – and how not to be a magazine intern forever
- Making the news as the media landscape shifts around you
- Jump in or get trained? Routes into journalism
- Getting a foothold as a freelance
- Data Is Sexy
- Why you should specialise
- Being opinionated; why should anyone care what you think?
- Feature and profile writing
- Foreign reporting – how does it work and what does it take?
- Comment and opinion – why should anyone care what you think?
- Opportunities in niche consumer and trade magazines
- Break into broadcast journalism